Spitting words out on to a page.

"Bloody hell!" I knew I shouldn't say it, but it was the first thing off my tongue. I had only dropped a blob of butter on the floor, but it felt like the end of the world.

Everything felt like the end of the world. I wiped the butter up and continued cooking my breakfast. It was 1:15pm. I had been awake since 7ish but now was as good a time as any for breakfast. Breakfast consisted of rice and peppers.

"Jardin!"

I jumped. "What?" I responded moodily.

"Don't say that!" My mother entered the kitchen. "It's unbecoming on a young ladies tongue," she chastised.

I rolled my eyes. I couldn't help but sass back. "Is it becoming on someone else's tongue?" I asked.

1 comment:

Mask Thoughts

You know when you're driving and everyone going slower than you is an idiot, while everyone going faster than you is a maniac? That'...