Welcoming the Unexpected.

A man just biked past me on the trail. Our eyes only met for a split second. But on that brief smile there was something of warmth.

I don't know what he was thinking, but I can make something up.

The smile said "How lovely to see you here on this trail!" His smile held surprise, or some hint that he didn't expect me. Not that he knows me, but that he knows the trail. It was the look of someone on a normal path seeing something out of place, but not unwelcome.

He was expecting other cyclists, or joggers. He wasn't expecting to see a girl who woke up this morning to fall chill and put on cozy fall attire just to go for a walk.

I don't know what this man thought. It wasn't a double take or any such thing, just a smile that lasted the blink of an eye, but left a warmth with me for the kindness I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mask Thoughts

You know when you're driving and everyone going slower than you is an idiot, while everyone going faster than you is a maniac? That'...