Cozy longings

I feel like a different person when Fall weather hits. I feel renewed and excited. Sometimes it's just the wardrobe change and being able to wear cozy sweatshirts again, but it's more than just the clothing. The atmosphere is just different. I feel happy and cozy now that I can wear comfy clothes and pile on the blankets and hot cocoa, but the air is refreshing and life giving. It's cold and gray today and I love it.

But there is also something of longing in fall weather. It always brings on some nostalgia. The memories of apple picking and leaf raking, some going back to my childhood. But wherever those memories fall on my timeline they are close and far and all just out of reach, and that can bring on sadness.

I don't feel sad today, but there's always that cozy longing that comes with this weather. I love the gray skies and chilly drizzle, and I long for the crisp blue October days!

No matter what's in store this fall, it feels renewing and hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mask Thoughts

You know when you're driving and everyone going slower than you is an idiot, while everyone going faster than you is a maniac? That'...