The Only Love You Need

It is easy to feel alone in this world. Even surrounded by good people it can still feel like there's a lot of hard in the world. And, at least for me, it can feel really lonely. Even when people love me, I can feel really alone. So while out walking I had a really obvious realization:


The only love I need is the Lord’s love.


Yes I need to love and serve other people, but I don’t do that for their good opinion or to earn their love. I do it because I’m supposed to.

Can I do anything to make the Lord love me more? Can I do anything to make the Lord love me less?

No. The Lord’s love is unconditional. He loves us all. And we receive His love through grace. We can do nothing to change His love for us.

He will continue loving me no matter what I do. I think that too often I feel like I have done something that will make me unworthy of His love. But that is how I feel. Not how He feels.

His love is to eternity. His mercy is to eternity. Nothing we do can change His constant love reaching out to us, offering us His grace.

But the Lord’s love is not what saves us. We are given so much more than we deserve, but because of His love He does not save us.

Because He loves us He gives us freedom. Freedom to choose Him or to turn from Him.

But He will love us constantly. And that is what gives us the ability to choose Him. His love for us is constantly drawing us to Him. But we can choose to turn from Him because we have freedom.

He offers us unconditional love. He offers us redemption. He is constantly working to bring us back to Him, but He cannot do it against our will. We have to turn toward Him with all our heart, with our mind, and with our actions.

"Ye are My friends if ye do the things which I command you; I have chosen you, that ye should bear fruit, and your fruit should abide" (John 15:14, 16).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mask Thoughts

You know when you're driving and everyone going slower than you is an idiot, while everyone going faster than you is a maniac? That'...