Curved brick wall

Sunlight stripes the red brick wall. The once light grey mortar is stained black with age. It is a pleasing wall. It curves gently from the building around to where I am sitting and continues around the curve of the patio. In one sunlit patch of wall I can see spider webs catching the light. Stands of silver adorn the wall. Nature's gift to this manmade structure. A less graceful adornment is the bits of bird poop scattered about on top of the wall and streaking the sides.

It is way too warm for November, nevertheless I am enjoying sitting outside on this slightly overcast day with this brick wall for company. Right now he is holding my chai, because I have a paranoia about liquid being too near my computer. I'm klutzy and I don't want my computer to pay the price for my folly. So my computer is placed on this round little table, and my chai is keeping its distance. Thank you, obliging red wall.

Little brown birds are visiting the wall too. They're certainly not here for me. Every once in awhile I forget that they are there and hum along to the Christmas music in my ears and they flitter away. One is much braver than the other. He has come back a few times, hopping up the levels of the wall, probably looking for stray crumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mask Thoughts

You know when you're driving and everyone going slower than you is an idiot, while everyone going faster than you is a maniac? That'...