Sickness and the weather

I should write. I don't want to write, and I do want to write. But also I don't want to write.

I was away for two weeks helping out a family who just had their 3rd child. I mostly did dishes and watched the 6 and 4 year old. I also got to hold the new baby a lot. It was only two weeks and it wasn't super hard or challenging work. But nevertheless my body did what it often does after being stressed and busy: plunged me into a fresh cold and enforced rest.

I get the need to slow down and rest, but I was gonna! But did I have to get sick in order to rest? Come on! It's not very restful waking up from a nap cause snot is dripping from your nose, or being unable to sleep in the first place because your head is splitting. It doesn't seem like a great system. I'd like to be able to rest and go for relaxing walks and catch up with friends, and instead I just have to stay home and be a wreck.

And the weather isn't helping. It's October 10th and I have run my air conditioning the past 3 nights because of how unbearably hot it has been in my room. Not only has it been hot it has been raining and not cool refreshing October rain, but humid sticky rain.

Today there is sunshine, but it's still too hot. I want it to be sock weather. I'm ready for socks and koselig!

1 comment:

  1. "I should write. I don't want to write, and I do want to write. But also I don't want to write."

    That's like half my brain half of the time.

    ReplyDelete

Mask Thoughts

You know when you're driving and everyone going slower than you is an idiot, while everyone going faster than you is a maniac? That'...