Painting with words

I have fifteen minutes to write something amazing before I'm back on duty.

Here I sit in my room of blue. I don't know which is my favorite room in this house, but I certainly love this one with its blue stained walls. It's one of the two end rooms which means it has windows facing ocean and bay and the cross breeze is beautiful. I think I have slept best this year with 3 cozy blankets. Most years I am far too hot.

The fans are off now and I can hear the ocean waves making their way to shore. I can hear the cry of a gull, but I can also hear the traffic on the boulevard. I've already written about the traffic. It is not noisome and annoying like some traffic might be, but it is the sound of people on vacation. Coming and going. It makes me cheerful to think of people arriving here.

But my attention goes back to the window on my right. The horizon is so straight. Blue on blue. Light against dark. It's like someone cut two sheets of blue and carefully pasted them together so the line was as crisp as can be. Beneath the vast expanse of sky blue lies the gentle sea blue. As vast as the ocean is it cannot measure up to how vast the sky. Smaller still are the two rolling dunes with their splashes of green. These were not cut with straight shears, rather hand-ripped paper to achieve the bumpy hills and sporadic grass, layering dark greens over the sandy mounds to create the piney bushes.

One minute left. Words are slipping away with the time. I must run. But I shall return.

1 comment:

Mask Thoughts

You know when you're driving and everyone going slower than you is an idiot, while everyone going faster than you is a maniac? That'...