Waiting for inspiration helps no one

I keep waiting to write. Waiting for inspiration that may never come. I am still trapped by this idea that I must have something to write about. Something worth sharing.

But that's not why I write. I don't write to wow the people. I mostly write to process. I write out my thoughts because I need to be able to read them. I need to see what I'm thinking and saying so that I can make sense of it. Writing is super helpful to me, so even when I'm saying nothing of consequence it is helping me become a better writer. And also a better human.

But it's not just about me. I do want other people to get something out of what I write. But what I write doesn't have to be useful to other people for it to benefit them directly. But I believe that through writing, even if I'm writing out the crap, that I can become a better person.

And I think that that is all I have for today. Little by little.

1 comment:

  1. This made me think of one of my favorite quotations:

    “Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes, courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow.”
    — Mary Anne Radmacher

    ReplyDelete

Mask Thoughts

You know when you're driving and everyone going slower than you is an idiot, while everyone going faster than you is a maniac? That'...