Tasting the Air

There are few things more thrilling than a thunderstorm at the beach! It was so lovely to wake up this morning in one of my favorite places on earth. It was gray and a little humid this morning, but cooler than yesterday. And now I sit inside looking out at the windows at the pouring rain. It's beautiful!

I love thunderstorms, but being here makes it even better. That's beach life for you! Dishes are fun at home (well, I think so) but much better at the shore. Cooking is fun, but much better at the shore!

A few years ago I read an Onion article about a mom on vacation and how she pretty much does all the things she does at home just several miles closer to the ocean. It's true. Homemakers make homes wherever they are. It's not something you vacation from. But homemaking at the shore is different than elsewhere. I love being here.

It's rainy and gray, but it's beautiful. The air is thick with salty moisture. I know it doesn't sound lovely, but it is.

Just glorious!

1 comment:

  1. "The air is thick with salty moisture."
    I love getting that at the ocean!

    ReplyDelete

Mask Thoughts

You know when you're driving and everyone going slower than you is an idiot, while everyone going faster than you is a maniac? That'...