Brain Barfs and First Draft Drivels.

It is so much easier to write than to edit. Let me tell you! That’s why I love my blog. Pouring out random, unfiltered thoughts, and occasionally glancing over for typos but never thinking about structure and how it all flows.

Nope! You just get free flowing brain barf all over the blogosphere. I occasionally check a word to double check that I’m using it right. Like just now I knew ‘blogosphere’ was the wrong word, but I don’t care, because the whole point of this blog post is that I don’t care if it’s beautifully crafted or not.

That isn’t to say that I don’t care about the craft of writing, because I do. I really do, which is why I sometimes take the time to carefully craft an article or a post to perfection,

But perfection has long stopped me from writing at all. “I can’t share my mindless brain barf because it’s not good enough.”

Not good enough is a definite theme. This blog is inspiring me to embrace the crazy and not need perfection every time. I can write crap and be okay with it.

But this entire post is just to distract myself from writing and editing an article I’m supposed to be writing. Darn the editing. It’s making me sad.

Back to first draft drivel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mask Thoughts

You know when you're driving and everyone going slower than you is an idiot, while everyone going faster than you is a maniac? That'...