JCC morning rambling - Koselig or Hygge?

Huzzah! I found people to write with at camp!

This friend knows that I love to write. She's the cabin leader of my Camp NaNoWriMo cabin. So, she knows that I should be writing this week. But I didn't mention it. She brought it up, or maybe her sister did. But either way, when they suggested getting up at 6:30 to write together I was super excited. Well, less excited about 6:30am, knowing that I would be staying up until at least midnight every night. I talked them into 7am, and I'm mostly just thrilled to have writing buddies. I'll sleep on the drive home.

In other news, I brought my kindle with me. These days I usually use it for listening to an audibook before bed. So I brought it almsot solely for that. But when they suggested writing (which is what I was going to do, just by hand) I decided to attempt writing with my kindle. I even have a bluetooth keyboard that I haven't used in over a year. It lives in my kindle case and I ignore it. But I plugged it in last night and it works! So much easier than typing on a screen keyboard. I'm sure that I will also write some by hand but this is a fun experiment.

Also, I am of the opinion that if you can wear a sweatshirt, you should. Or a sweater or whatever makes you feel cozy. It rained last night. It cooled off over night, also the building I'm in is pretty air conditioned. It's not cold in here, but it's not hot either. I am comfy in a sweatshirt on this misty overcast morning. My favorite! I love winter. I love cozy weather. Not because I love being cold, but because I love being cozy. I love sweatshirts, and sweaters, and fires and blankets and hugs and snuggling. I enjoy these things so much, and you just can't do most of these things in hot humid weather. I am loving how cool it is this morning. Okay, I just rolled my sleeves up cause I'm getting too warm, but I'm not taking my sweatshirt off. I will hold on to this cozy feeling for a little while longer.

Hmm. Maybe 6:30 would have been better. Our lounge is starting to collect people. All the people gathering to drink their coffee and shoot the breeze. I mostly enjoy it though. And since I'm just writing for the sake of writing it's giving me something to write about. Noisy morning people. I don't actually mind morning people. Sometimes I think that I am actually a morning person. I quite enjoy mornings. But I love it because I love being up before other people. I love the peace of dawn. So maybe I like mornings but I dislike morning people? haha. I'm not that terrible. I'm enjoying right now. I don't mind these people waking for the day. It's kinda lovely. But maybe we will meet at the meetinghouse tomorrow and Wednesday to avoid the interruptions.

Someone just sat down and asked about my kindle. She was quite sweet. I really don't mind these people. Maybe if I were trying to write bits of my story and was trying to get somewhere specific this would be difficult. But it's not bothering me right now. I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mask Thoughts

You know when you're driving and everyone going slower than you is an idiot, while everyone going faster than you is a maniac? That'...