Morning Musings in the air.

"Life" I breathed, taking my first sip of coffee. It was before 5am, and I had spent too long in line for security for a random Wednesday morning in early November.


Strangers in the airport speak to one another during a shared experience, like a longer than expected security line. Two ladies with the same destination as me offered to let me follow them to the gate. A ind gesture for 4:30am, pre-coffee humans. They even wait for me as I get my shoes on after security.


"Right here? Right here? Right here? Right here?" repeated the small girl as she walked with her father past every single seat on the aircraft.

"I think you're in my seat," says the lady in front of me to the gentleman in her seat. He laughs comfortably at his mistake, as do the people around him.

The last passenger in our row appears: window seat. She apologizes profusely. The gentleman on the aisle is as kind as can be as we both move to let her in.

People smile. Everyone is surprisingly cheerful for so early in the morning.

The two sisters behind me, traveling with their kids, are chagrined as the two-year-old on and off screams his way through the flight. When we land, she books it for the door, leaving her sister to get the rest of the kids and all of their bags. Both ladies apologize for the noise. You can tell people are not thrilled, but are still very patient and everyone is kind.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mask Thoughts

You know when you're driving and everyone going slower than you is an idiot, while everyone going faster than you is a maniac? That'...